Pokémon is one of gaming’s most beloved franchises. After six generations, numerous spin-off titles, and over 720 Pokémon to catch, these games have made a pretty substantial impact. With the start of 2016, Pokémon now turns 20 years old. To celebrate, fans will be treated to a plethora of content, and that of course includes video games.
To start, the previously announced Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow will be coming to the 3DS eShop on February 27th (the same day as the original Japanese release). In addition, a special New 3DS bundle will release on the same day. This bundle includes a copy of both Red and Blue and 2 faceplates with art for the original games. These aren’t exclusive to any retailer, so feel free to pick it up from the one you prefer.
For the modern games, Game Freak will be doing special events for getting Mythical Pokémon in-game. For X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, a new event Pokémon will be made available each month starting in February. The schedule for distribution is;
- Mew – February 1-24th, GameStop
- Celebi – March 1-24th, Nintendo Network
- Jirachi – April 1-24th, Nintendo Network
- Darkrai – May 1-24th, GameStop
- Manaphy – June 1-24th, Nintendo Network
- Shaymin – July 1-24th, Nintendo Network
- Arceus – August 1-24th, Gamestop
- Victini – September 1-24th, Nintendo Network
- Keldeo – October 1-24th, Nintendo Network
- Genesect – November 1-24th, GameStop
- Meloetta – December 1-24th, Nintendo Network
As far as video games go, that’s all the news we’ve got so far. We still have Pokémon GO, Pokkén Tournament, and the upcoming Volcarona event to look forward to in the meantime. Who knows, maybe we’ll get some word on the X/Y sequel? Or maybe the 7th generation games? That would be nice.Source: pokemon20.com