In the week just gone, Twitter announced Best Tweets. It works pretty much the same way as Top Stories does on Facebook. Basically, Twitter figures out the most relevant and/or popular tweets to show you at the top of your timeline. Similar to the current “While you were away” feature, but now it’s always displayed every time you open the app, not just after a long period without use.
Since it’s opt-in, you’ll first need to turn it on in order to use it. Not everyone even knows it exists or even where to find it, but that’s what we’re here for. Check out the instructions below to turn on this new feature on your Twitter account for either Android, iOS, or for the online web client.
Best Tweets For Android
1) Tap the menu icon (3 dots)
2) Tap Settings
3) Tap Timeline
4) Next to Show me the best Tweets first, check or uncheck the box to toggle the feature on or off.
Best Tweets For iOS
1) On your profile, tap the gear icon and select Settings.
2) Tap the account whose settings you’d like to adjust.
3) Under Timeline, tap Timeline personalization.
4) Next to Show me the best Tweets first, tap to turn it off.
Best Tweets Online
1) Log in to your account on twitter.com and go to your Account settings page.
2) Under Content, look for Timeline and toggle the box next to Show me the best Tweets first to change the setting.