Facer, an Android app that allows users to download and create watchfaces for their Android Wear watch, has been updated. Facer now packs an online editor so you can make your own watchfaces without coding, and now has new exclusive designs for your smartwatch. And now, it’s all for free!
There are new watchfaces are live in the Facer Store. Said Facer Store is now divided into a few curated sections such as Analogue, Abstract & Minimal, Time at a Glance, and Fun & Unique. There’s also a new Explore section where you can browse all designs (particularly new ones) and there is also a new search function if you want to find a particular face. A new Watchbox houses all of your favourite designs from the Store (a Facer account needed) and there is a My Designs section which is for your own watchfaces made in the online creator.
The new Facer Creator is located at www.facer.io. The creator comes with a brand new, and never-before-seen interface for editing and making complex or simple designs for all of the Android Wear watches. It will also show you your currently made watchfaces, in a sleek you page.
In the video below, you can see the team at Facer, show you how to use the new watchface creator on the site.
You can see the changelog of the updated app from in the Play Store here:
* Facer 2.0 is finally here!
* New storefront with premium designs from exclusive artists and brands, updated weekly!
* Support for all new Android Wear watches
* New search feature to look for any watchface published on our platform!
* Save your favorite watchfaces in your new Watchbox
* Tons of optimizations, including improved battery life
* Try the new Facer Creator, the most advanced watchface editor in the world at www.facer.io and try your latest creations in the new My Design section
After trying the updated Facer for a few days and the creator, I must say I am extremely happy with it. Everything is fast, and sleek, with no bugs that I have come into at all. Just remember to allow the Facer app to your storage on your watch with Android 6.0 Wear under Permissions in Settings on the device itself.Via: Android Police