Rocket League has proved to be one of my favorite games over the past several months and with each passing update it gets better and better. Just recently developer Psyonix released a teaser for another brand new mode for the game, and needless to say I’m excited.
The new, free mode is named “Rumble”, and that’s a pretty fitting name. While the standard game is crazy enough with jet-powered cars, this new mode adds wild power ups to make the experience nothing short of insane. I can describe it all I want, but the video shows it off better.
Rumble mode will be added as an optional version of the game both in public online matches and private. Here’s the full list of power-ups that you’ll find in the mode.
- The Boot (Kick’s an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Rumble will land in September alongside several other updates to the game. It will be available on all versions of the game as well including PC, PS4, and the recently added Xbox One.Source: Psyonix