Hopefully The Last Nexus 5 Leak Before Release – HD Pictures
The Nexus 5 should be announced very soon and we will finally get the official details on the Nexus 5, Nexus 10, and Android KitKat. As we wait for things to be official though, there is one last (hopefully last) leak to talk about. A reddit user today posted HD pictures of the Nexus 5 and a Q&A session. The pictures don’t provide anything new in the way of hardware, however the leaked shots do show off an out of the box update to Android 4.4.1. The update is a 139.3 mb update.
Now on to his Q&A. It provided us with some information that had been previously speculated, but unknown to be true.
- When asked if the phone would have always-on-always-listening features like the Moto X’s Touchless Control, he smiled. In other words, you may be able to talk to your Nexus 5 and perform actions just like Moto X owners do.
- He mentioned that one of the big new features he noticed was a “complete backup solution” that could save “apps data, saved games, settings for each app, etc.”
- He said that the phone “doesn’t feel cheap like a Samsung device,” “feels great in the hand” and is “similar to holding a G2.”
- He thought that after updating to 4.4.1, that he was prompted with a Google Drive offer that could have been around 100GB of storage.
- As far as the camera goes, he didn’t test it, but was told that it’s an improvement over the Nexus 4, but not on the level of the Galaxy S4 or iPhone.
- The display is apparently “great” for the price.
- The speakers sounded great, not “tinny” or weak.
- He also said he was 99% certain we should see the phone unveiling today.
Google could be just moments before releasing the phone so stay tuned as we will keep you up to date!