Alongside the Galaxy Note 4 at IFA, Samsung also announced the Gear VR headset. The headset gives users an immersive environment using the phone’s display. Samsung has been pushing developers to get their apps and games on the headset for the device’s launch.
It is exclusive to the Galaxy Note 4 and has a set of games and apps already available (list below). The Gear VR is priced at $199 and is available to buy from Samsung directly and currently through AT&T. Other carriers are also supposed to be selling the headset later on.
Launch apps/games as of December 8th, 2014
- Viral – Fierce Kaiju
- OOBE/Intro to VR Oculus – Felix and Paul
- Esper – Coatsink Software
- 360 Videos – Oc
- 360 Photos – Oculus
- Herobound – Oculus
- Oculus Cinema – Oculus
- Titans of Space – Drash VR LLC
- Bomb Squad – Eric Froemling
- Darknet – E McNeill
- theBlu – Wemo Media, Inc.
- Dreadhalls – Sergio Hidalgo
- Anshar Wars – OZWE
- Proton Pulse – Zero Transform LLC
- Ikarus – Uber Entertainment
- Romans From Mars – Sidekick LTD
- Minotaur Rescue VR – Llamasoft, LTD