NVIDIA Rolls Out 2.2 OTA To NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Owners – Brings Better Battery And Performance
NVIDIA has always been good about rolling out OTAs to their NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet, and tonight they’ve got a new one rolling out now. The 2.2 OTA brings improvements to the battery life, increased performance and memory optimization, and more. The update keep users on Android 5.0.1. The full changelog is below.
- More great streamed PC games, for free – No PC required – You can now play popular titles such as Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7, PixelJunk Shooter and GRID 2 amongst many others. New games are added every week on #SHIELDTuesday
- Standby battery life improvements – Improved battery life in standby/idle conditions, especially with WiFi turned ON
- Improved charging performance and compatibility – Broader support for high performance chargers
- Overall experience enhancements – Additional UI responsiveness and memory optimizations, Graphics corruption resolution
- Support for SHIELD Hub 4.1 – Includes GameStream multi-controller support
The update is available now to both LTE and WiFi only variants of the NVIDIA SHIELD tablet and is about 135MB in size.
Thanks Michael & Jeffrey!