NVIDIA’s SHIELD tablet has always been quick to updates, but the 5.1 update has been a bit slow. Now it’s finally here and thankfully, finally, it seems the update is going to fix the ongoing issues users have seen with the device.
Update 3.0 is currently rolling out to both Wi-Fi and LTE users and should most certainly be appearing on your device very soon if it has not already. The size of the update ranges between 200mb and 216mb for the Wi-Fi and LTE editions respectively. The changelog is as follows:
- Upgrade Android Operating System to version 5.1
- Improved performance and responsiveness.
- Enhanced security, including support for Android for Work.
- Improved quick-settings menu, profile management etc.
- Improved display performance
- Enabled Global Tone Mapping feature. This feature can be toggled by the user.
- New firmware update for SHIELD controller
- Improved pairing experience and other optimizations.
- Please note: You can update the SHIELD controller over WiFi. Look out for a notification on your SHIELD tablet.
- System wide improvements including camera, audio, modem (LTE only) and other fixes
As mentioned earlier the update is available now for both the Wi-Fi and LTE variants of the NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet and should be showing up on your device.
Early reports from users do state that both root and Xposed Framework do work on the update and that it does fix lag issues on the device. Let us know your thoughts about the update in the comments below!