Well, it’s only taken 30 years since the original launch of Pacman for someone to finally create a good adaptation of it for mobile. OK, that’s an exaggeration, but you get my point. A decent Pacman game for mobile has been long overdue and now it’s finally here in the form of Pacman 256: Endless Wave.
Pacman 256: Endless Wave brings together the classic fun (and anxiety attacks) of the original Pacman game, but adds in the addiction of an endless runner. The concept is fairly simple, but absolutely genius at the same time. Just like in the original, you play as Pacman and your goal is to chomp the dots and avoid being eaten, but this time it’s not about clearing the board, it’s about surviving as long as you can. Chomp the dots to gain points, use power pellets and power ups to take out ghosts, and whatever you do, don’t let the glitch catch up to you.
Pacman 256: Endless Wave is developed by Hipster Whale, the creators of Crossy Road.
Some of the features include:
- PAC-MAN perfectly reinvented for your mobile phone or tablet
- Outsmart ghosts with over 15 ridiculous power ups: Laser, Tornado, Giant and much more
- Stay ahead of the super-villain lurking in PAC-MAN since the beginning: The Glitch
- Take on a new gang of revived retro-ghosts including Sue, Funky, and Spunky
- Waka waka on PAC-DOTS and string a 256 combo for a super special surprise
- Controller support
Pacman 256: Endless Wave is available now for Android and iOS through their respective app stores (links are below). The game is free to play with in-app purchases. However don’t let that scare you away. You can still have a ton of fun playing this game without spending a dime.For Android (Google Play) For iPhone/iPad (iTunes)