Today at IFA 2015 Lenovo has introduced a new 12″ Windows 10 tablet in the form of the ideapad MIIX 700. This new tablet is quite clearly designed to be a competitor to Microsoft’s Surface lineup (yes I see you kickstand) and at least on paper, the potential is certainly here.
Specifications for the MIIX 700 are as follows:
- 12″ FHD+ (2160×1440) Display
- 10-point multi-touch
- Windows 10 Pro/Home
- Up to 6th gen Intel Core i7 processor
- Up to 8GB LPDDR3L RAM
- Up to 256GB SSD
- Integrated Intel HD
- Up to 9hrs of battery (local video playback)
- Folio case with keyboard dock
- Optional Intel RealSense 3D camera
- Optional LTE
- 0.35″ Thick, 1.7lbs
Priced at $699, the ideapad MIIX 700 could be the first Windows tablet to truly compete with the Microsoft Surface. The tablet will be available later this year starting at $699 in Champagne Gold and Ebony Black.