The Nexus 6P is finally official! After many, many leaks, Huawei’s first ever Nexus smartphone is here and it’s going to be available for pre-order later today. Here’s what you need to know.
- 5.7″ Inch WQHD AMOLED Display (74% screen to body ratio)
- Snapdragon 810 Processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32,64,128GB Storage
- 12.3MP Camera w/ Laser Auto Focus (8MP Front Sensor)
- 7.1mm thin all-metal body
- “Nexus Imprint” fingerprint scanner
Google has placed a heavy focus on the Nexus 6P on the camera. They’ve concentrated on improving the camera’s performance in low light situations by using 1.55 μm pixels (similar to “Ultrapixels” in HTC devices). On the rear of the Nexus 6P is a “Nexus Imprint” fingerprint scanner. On the bottom you’ll find a USB C port that can use Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 to charge up that 3,450 mAh battery. Oh, and this phone does not include wireless charging.
The Nexus 6P also of course includes Android 6.0 Marshmallow right out of the box
Pricing for the Nexus 6P is as follows:
- $499 (32GB Internal Storage)
- $549 (64GB Internal Storage)
- $649 (128GB Internal Storage)
If you’re interested in getting a Nexus 6P, you’ll be able to get one today from the Google Store. We’ll update the article when the link is available. The phone will begin shipping in October.