Apple Music Application Released On Android
Today is the day. Apple has just released their popular music streaming service to Android. Starting today you can get in on the with a free 3 month trial period. The app is designed with Android design language in mind, but it’s also very clearly influenced by iOS. Many of the same features from iOS are seen here as well and you will be able to access purchased iTunes music through this new application, something we’ve been waiting for for a long time now.
The application is currently in beta so not all of the features from iOS are available just yet.
Introducing the beta of Apple Music on Android. Notes about the beta period:
- Music videos are coming soon.
- Sign-ups and upgrades to Family memberships require Mac or iOS.
- Sign-up process to be optimized for Android.
As of now Apple Music has over 15 million customers, 6.5 million of which are paying. Now that the service is available on Android those numbers should only increase. Apple also lists some great notes about the current release.
- For You: Get handpicked recommendations by music experts based on what you already listen to and love.
- New: Browse and play the latest, greatest new music available—curated by our editors.
- Radio: Tune in to music, interviews, and exclusive radio shows on Beats 1 or play radio stations created by our editors.
- Connect: Get a closer look at your favorite artists’ work, inspirations, and world with photos, music, and videos.
- Playlists: Keep all your favorite Apple Music playlists together with your own mixes.
- My Music: Find all of your iTunes purchases and saved music from Apple Music in one place.
- Availability and features may vary by country.
Are you interested in Apple Music and considering the free trial? Let us know in the comments! A link to download is below.