Back when Motorola launched the Moto 360 (2015), they also mentioned their intention to release another watch, the Moto 360 Sport. Now his fitness minded Android Wear smartwatch is finally on it’s way. The watch will launch first in the UK and France on December 18th later launching in the United States on January 17th. Pricing is the US if confirmed to land at $249.
For US customers the Moto 360 Sport will go up for sale through Motorola.com with other retailers coming soon afterward. Starting January 10th customers will be able to stop by select Best Buy locations nationwide to see the watch in person (as well as Motorola’s Chicago located Moto Shop). Pricing for the UK and France has not been confirmed. Other regions such as Brazil, Canada, China, Mexico, and more will get the Sport later in 2016.
Here’s some of the features included with the Moto 360 Sport:
- Designed for sport. Built to last: Push yourself to the limit without worrying about your watch. Strong silicone construction doesn’t absorb sweat and resists fading or staining, while side ventilation channels help you stay cool.
- Built-in GPS keeps you going: Moto 360 Sport has built-in GPS that works seamlessly with Moto Body to measure your performance. Track your distance traveled, pace, lap times and more. There’s no need to carry your phone to know exactly how you’re doing.
- Popular fitness apps: Moto 360 Sport works seamlessly with Android fitness apps including MapMyRun, Under Armour Record, Strava, Google Fit and Fitbit. Moto Body records your workout data and syncs with these apps, so your exercise history is always up to date.
- Heart rate at a glance: Continuously track your heart rate during a run to monitor your performance. And with Moto Body, measure the time you spend in different heart rate zones to make sure you’re achieving your fitness goals
- Brilliant, indoors and out: Motorola AnyLight is the world’s first hybrid display that lets you see things clearly both indoors and out. Indoors, it works like any beautiful LCD screen. Step outside and it reflects natural sunlight, making the screen easy to read.
- Better view. All the way around: On a watch face, every millimeter counts. The classic round design of Moto 360 Sport features edge-to-edge glass and an exceptionally thin bezel, giving you the most viewing area in the least amount of space.
- Wear it for life: Moto 360 Sport gives you the power of Android Wear, so you can keep up with your entire life, not just your workouts. Read Gmail messages and calendar invites, reply to friends on WhatsApp, get up-to-the-minute traffic and weather reports, and so much more of what matters to you all while staying in the zone.
- Music on the move: Sync your favorite playlists and podcasts from Google Play Music with your Moto 360 Sport, then listen to music on your run or at the gym without taking your phone along for the ride.
- Just a little coaching: Receive spontaneous notifications throughout the day that keep you informed, up to date and inspired. Plus get a weekly email summarizing your progress, or even more detailed information using the Moto Body phone app.
- All day battery. Even in Ambient Mode: The new Moto 360 Sport gives you better battery life than ever before. Now with Ambient Mode turned on, the time is always visible and the battery still lasts an entire day.