Monoprice Debuts A Collection Of Colorful, Low-Cost USB C Cables
There are a lot of great USB C options out on the market, but there are also a lot of bad ones, and they can be dangerous. 9 times out of 10 those bad cables are the super cheap ones, however Monoprice is today hoping to push a safe collection of USB C cables that also don’t break the bank. Oh, and they’re colorful, really, colorful.
The “Palette Series” of Type-C cables costs between $3.99 and $5.99 per cable for a length of 6 inches, 3ft, or 6ft. There are both C-C and C-A cables available as well. All these cables feature a braided design and a selection of bright colors including black, white, blue, red, purple, pink, and green. Currently all of the cables in the Palette Series are USB 2.0, but Monoprice has already confirmed they intend to add USB 3.0 cables soon for just a slight additional cost.
Monoprice Introduces Lowest Priced Line of Colorful, Ultra-Premium USB-C Cables
The Palette Series Offers High Speeds, Versatility and Value Without Cutting Corners on Quality
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA–(Marketwired – April 12, 2016) – Monoprice, an online retailer offering high-quality and affordably priced consumer electronics and accessories, today announced the availability of a new line of USB-C cables — the Palette Series. Offering the industry’s largest assortment of USB-C cables and adapters, Monoprice is further widening the gap between its competitors with this competitively-priced collection that starts as low as $3.99 and includes cables in different sizes, colors and USB connectivity varieties. The Palette Series follows strict USB standards and is backed by the retailer’s lifetime warranty and tech support to ensure customers can buy with confidence.
“We were the first company to introduce USB-C cables, and now we have the largest inventory available of cables, adapters and portable chargers,” said Bernard Luthi, president of Monoprice. “Last year at this time the market was dominated by two USB-C equipped devices, the Chromebook and MacBook, and there were only a select few companies offering USB-C cables at various price points. Fast forward to today, there are around 66 USB-C compatible devices and hundreds of cables. The price ceiling has gone down and to keep our competitive edge, we’ve developed the Palette Series to be the most diverse, highest quality and lowest cost line on the market.”
The Palette Series supports syncing and data transfer between USB-C devices, allowing users to easily connect their USB-C equipped Mac, PC or phone to other USB devices. With the reversible Type-C connector, users can connect their cables in any orientation for ease of use. Additionally, the cables are tangle-resistant and feature braided nylon jackets to protect against damage. The cables are now available in 2.0 USB connectivity and 3.0 is available later this month.
Ranging in price from $3.99 to $5.99 and lengths from 6-inch to 6-foot, the Palette Series 2.0 cables connect devices with 5 VDC, 2.4A of power and 480Mbps data transfer speeds. Standouts from the 2.0 cable selection include:
- USB-C to USB-A: Features male Type-C and male Type-A connectors, ideal for connecting existing USB devices to newer laptops with the Type-C connector
- USB-C to Micro-B: Features male Type-C and male Micro B connectors, allowing users to connect Android™ and additional Micro B equipped devices to USB-C devices
- USB-C to USB-C: Features a reversible male USB-C connector on each end, allowing users to connect devices with a Type-C connector to a USB-C equipped laptops
Ranging in price from $4.99 to $9.99 and lengths from 6-inch to 6-foot, the Palette Series 3.0 cables connect devices with 5 VDC, 2.4A of power and 5Gbps data transfer speeds. Standouts from the 3.0 cable selection include:
- USB-C to USB-A: Features male Type-C and male Type-A connectors to easily connect existing USB devices to newer devices with the Type-C connector
- USB-C to USB-C: Features male Type-C connectors on each end to connect devices to new laptops with the Type-C connector
- USB-C to Micro-B: Features male Type-C and male Micro Type-B connectors, useful for connecting Android and other Micro B equipped devices to newer laptops with the Type-C connector
Monoprice will debut more USB-C cables and accessories within the coming months, including its much anticipated 3.1 USB connectivity Palette Series cables. For a complete listing of Monoprice’s new Palette Series USB-C offerings, please visit Monoprice.com.