Cricket Debuts The Lumia 650 For $129.99, Available May 5th
Starting in just 2 weeks, Cricket Wireless will become the first US carrier to offer the Microsoft Lumia 650, a mid-range Windows 10 smartphone. The Lumia 650 features a premium metal frame with a matte back along with a 5″ OLED display on the front. Under the hood you’ll find a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and 16GB of storage. You’ll also find 8MP and 5MP cameras on the front and back along with the same great camera software found on other Windows flagships including the Lumia 950.
The Lumia 650 will be available for $129.99 outright with no annual contracts. A $65/month unlimited data plan is also now available alongside Cricket’s several other monthly payment options.
Cricket Wireless Exclusive U.S. Carrier to Offer Microsoft Lumia 650
First U.S. Prepaid Smartphone with Windows 10 Mobile Only $129.99
ATLANTA – April 20, 2016 – Beginning May 5, Cricket Wireless is the only U.S. carrier to sell the Microsoft Lumia 650, the first no-contract smartphone in the U.S. to ship with Windows 10 Mobile. The device, available online and in Cricket stores nationwide for $129.99, provides busy professionals, parents and frequent travelers with the productivity and new features of Windows 10 mobile.
What’s so special about the Lumia 650?
- Premium Design: A beautiful, thin and light, premium metallic design that features a sharp 5” HD OLED ClearBlack display, front and rear-facing cameras, up to 16GB internal storage and a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor.
- Windows 10 Mobile: Windows 10 comes with elegant, built-in apps like Office, Mail & Calendar, Maps and Photos. Use Microsoft OneDrive to back up your information and sync seamlessly across all your Windows 10 devices. Cortana, your personal digital assistant, and Live Tiles come to life on all your start screens for a familiar, consistent experience.
- Safety & Security: The Lumia 650 also has a built-in Find My Phone feature that when enabled, lets you locate, ring or wipe your phone if it’s ever lost or stolen. And, with Kid’s Corner, make your phone kid-friendly by giving them their own place to play games and use apps – away from your contacts and emails, and without access to your phone, texts or Internet.
- Cameras: An excellent 8 MP rear-facing camera and a 5 MP HD front-facing camera for those great selfies and Skype calls – both featuring the same imaging software on Microsoft’s flagship Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL, providing an outstanding imaging experience on an affordable Windows 10 device.
“Elevating the prepaid space means more than having a diverse portfolio for our customers. It’s also about bringing value to our customers through the unexpected – the things they thought they could only get from postpaid,” said Tiffany Baehman, vice president and chief marketing officer of Cricket Wireless. “Being the exclusive carrier of the Lumia 650, a sleek smartphone at a great price, gives customers more reason to want to join Cricket Nation.”
The Lumia 650, designed for professionals and travelers, is the perfect fit for Cricket’s new unlimited plan1 – all the talk, text and high-speed data access customers can use on one smartphone line for $65/month after a $5 Auto Pay credit2. And for a limited time, customers who switch to Cricket get a $50 bill credit (with an additional $50 bill credit for those who switch from T-Mobile )3.
Everyday benefits for Cricket customers include:
- No annual contracts
- Simple plans with plan prices that include monthly taxes and fees– no surprises.
- Unlimited music with a Deezer subscription
- Access toCricket Rewards, the only customer loyalty program of its kind in the prepaid space
To check out the new Cricket or find a store near you, visit www.cricketwireless.com.
About the Cricket Wireless
Cricket is bringing consumers more value with a simple, friendly, and reliable nationwide wireless experience with no annual contract. The power of Cricket is our nationwide 4G LTE network that covers more than 317 million people; * easy and affordable plans prices that include monthly taxes and fees – no surprises; and a great selection of phones customers love. Cricket, Something to Smile About. To check out the new Cricket or find a store near you, visitwww.cricketwireless.com. And connect with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cricketnation and Twitter atwww.twitter.com/cricketnation.
Cricket is a subsidiary of AT&T Inc. Coverage not available everywhere. © 2016 Cricket Wireless LLC. All rights reserved. Cricket and the Cricket logo are trademarks under license to Cricket Wireless LLC.